Roscommon Leisure Centre has a professional duty to take such steps that are reasonable to see that the child is safe from harm while involved in Roscommon Leisure Centre activities. All children have the right to protection and the needs of children with special needs and others who may be particularly vulnerable must be taken into account.
Roscommon Leisure Centre will ensure the safety and protection of all children involved in its activities through adherence to the Child Protection guidelines it has adopted.
As part of our Safeguarding Policy we will:
- Promote and prioritise the safety and well being of children and young people
- Ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of the safeguarding and is provide with appropriate learning to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individuals who raise or disclose the concern.
- Ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored.
- Prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals and maintain a safe recruitment and vetting policy.
- Ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
Child Welfare Officer & Designated Liaison Persons for
Roscommon Leisure Centre Ltd
Child Welfare Officer
Designated Liaison Person